Premier League confirms no away fans for final two rounds

The Premier League has confirmed away fans will not be allowed to attend fixtures staged in the final two rounds of the 2020-21 season.

With a further relaxing of coronavirus restrictions scheduled in the United Kingdom on May 17, up to 10,000 supporters will be allowed inside grounds to watch games again.

The penultimate set of top-flight fixtures had been pushed back to midweek dates as a result, thereby making sure all clubs have one home outing under the new guidelines.

However, visiting fans will not be permitted inside the stadiums, a decision taken to make sure there is consistency across the board for all 20 teams.

The Premier League last week confirmed fixtures have been rescheduled to provide an opportunity for each club to host one home ga…

Da Silva: Orlando City will be an MLS success

Owner Flavio Augusto da Silva has tipped Orlando City to become the next success story in MLS ahead of the franchise s 2015 debut.

The Florida side became the 21st MLS franchise when it was confirmed on Tuesday that City will join in two years time in what will be the league s 20th season.

City, founded in 2010, were crowned USL Pro League champions for a second time in three years in September and will move into a new stadium in readiness for joining the MLS.

Da Silva is confident City can make the step up and is thrilled at the prospect of becoming part of the MLS.

Orlando is a special city with amazing fans that have embraced the beautiful game and we have no doubt that Orlando City will become the next success story in MLS, he said.

We would like to t…

Palermo snap up young Boca defender

Palermo have officially completed the signing of young defender Ezequiel Munoz from Argentine giants Boca Juniors. The 19 year old centre half has joined the Sicilian outfit on a five year contract. Munoz has been linked with several big European clubs in the past, most notably Palermo s Serie A rivals Fiorentina and big spending English outfit Man City.

Munoz made his debut for Boca Juniors against Estudiantes de La Plata in the 2009 Clausura. He was in line to make his maiden appearance for the Argentine national team in a friendly against Panama last year, but had to pull out due to injury.

[Source:- Palermo]

Ched Evans case referred to Court of Appeal

Ched Evans has had his rape conviction referred to the UK s Court of Appeal following the disclosure of new evidence.

Former Sheffield United striker Evans was convicted in April 2012 of raping a 19-year-old woman in a hotel in Rhyl, north Wales. He was released from prison in October 2014 after serving half of his five-year sentence.

An appeal was rejected but an application to the Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC) a board set up to examine possible miscarriages of justice has thrown up the possibility of his initial conviction being quashed

A CCRC statement on Monday read: The Criminal Cases Review Commission has referred the conviction of Ched Evans to the Court of Appeal.

Mr Evans appeared at Caernarfon Crown Court in April 2012 charged with ra…

Henderson indebted to Rodgers

Jordan Henderson has expressed his gratitude to Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers for the progress he has made this season.

Midfielder Henderson took time to prove his worth following his big-money move from Premier League rivals Sunderland in June 2011.

The 23-year-old played a key role in the Merseyside club s impressive 2013-14 campaign, though, establishing himself as a first-team regular under Rodgers.

Henderson has also secured a place in Roy Hodgson s England squad for the FIFA World Cup as a result of the progress he has made this season.

And he insists Rodgers should take great credit for his development.

Henderson told The Liverpool Echo: I think I ve improved from the start of the season until now.

I feel as though I ve become a better play…

Santos satisfied as Portugal reach Nations League Finals

Portugal coach Fernando Santos was left satisfied after his team moved into the Nations League Finals following a 0-0 draw with Italy.

A point in Milan on Saturday was enough for the Euro 2016 champions to become the first side to qualify for next year s Finals, which they are set to host.

While not particularly happy with Portugal s performance, Santos was glad to secure top spot in Group 3.

I am satisfied. To be present in the final phase of this competition is always important for Portugal, shows the quality of Portuguese football, he said.

It s fair, in a very difficult game, with much more suffering than I expected.

The first half was very difficult, we had a lot of difficulty adapting, mainly to the defensive actions.

Noite histó…

Shaw keen on Spurs switch

that Luke Shaw is desperate for Tottenham Hotspur to save him from his Manchester United nightmare.

The England international has been publicly criticised by Red Devils’ manager Jose Mourinho in recent weeks over matters such as his levels of fitness and commitment.

He came off the bench to help his side win the penalty that eventually helped salvage them a point against Everton on Tuesday evening though his Old Trafford days still appear to be numbered.

Since signing from Southampton in the summer of 2014, the left-back has racked up just forty-four club appearances in all competitions though he did miss almost all of last season with a broken leg.

He won his seventh cap for his country in their 1-0 friendly defeat to Germany last month.

Prediction: Cagliari vs Bari

Prediction: Cagliari to win 2-1

Best Odds:

Bookmaker: 

Cagliari and Bari will lock horns with each other in the first leg of the Serie B promotion playoff this week. The match between Claudio Ranieri’s side and Michele Mignani’s team will be held at the Unipol Domus and is scheduled to kick off at 7:30pm UK time on Thursday.

Cagliari

Cagliari got relegated from Serie A at the end of last season, and the situation looked dire at the time. However, things have been very good for Gli Isolani this campaign, especially since former Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri took over in January 2023.

Under the Italian tactician, Cagliari went from strength to strength in the final months of the season. They finished as high as fifth in the Serie B …

Tottenham boss Conte never worried by lack of goals for Son or Kane

Antonio Conte claimed he has never been worried about the form of strike duo Son Heung-min and Harry Kane as Tottenham prepare to host Everton on Saturday.

Son endured an underwhelming start to the 2022-23 campaign, failing to score in Spurs first six Premier League games before hitting a hat-trick in a 6-2 thrashing of Leicester City last month.

While those goals remain Son s only domestic strikes of the season, he scored a brace – including a crashing left-footed volley – as Tottenham earned a 3-2 Champions League win over Eintracht Frankfurt on Wednesday.

Speaking ahead of Tottenham s meeting with the Toffees, Conte said Son s quality prevents him from fretting about any lack of goals, adding he would feel the same if Kane endured a drought.

I wa…

De Gea invites Manchester United bid; Juve to break the bank for Lyon hitman

De Gea invites Manchester United bid

Despite mostly denying speculations linking him with a move to Old Trafford in the past, David De Gea has finally admitted a move to Manchester United is a realistic possibility.

The Atletico Madrid keeper has been heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford and he believes next summer will be the right time for a new challenge.

“I know Sir Alex Ferguson has already watched me. After this season we should look at what happens and who wants to talk can come and talk.

“At Atletico, I owe them everything and I would love to stay, but on the other hand, Manchester United is a great club.”

With Edwin van der Sar close to hanging up his boots, the time is running out for Sir Alex Ferguson to find him a replacem…